Association „Youth Volunteers“ would like to announce 10 (then) available placements for short EVS (European Voluntary Service) volunteers from Turkey, for our main office in Visoko, Bosnia and Herzegovina starting in September 2017. for duration of 2 months.
A group of ten volunteers will be divided into five smaller groups of two volunteers who will come and go in the following terms:
- September – Oktobar 2017. ( first group );
- November – December 2017. (second group);
- January – February 2018. ( third group);
- March – April 2018. ( fourth group);
- May – Juny 2018. (fifth group).
As an EVS-volunteer at our office, you will get the chance to broaden your skills and interests in working with international projects that promotes democracy and human rights, working with young people and humanitarian project, together with our members and partner organizations.
Planed project activities
- Soup kitchen – food preparation and distribution of meals for socially vulnerable people, creating and implementing fundraising campaigns;
- PRIMA project – working with children at various workshops, writing homework, learning foreign languages (English, Turkish)
- Step by step – working with young people at organized workshops for young people, education young people in the field of democracy, project management etc.;
- com – translation and promotion of touristic sites in Visoko on Turkish language;
- Coordinating activities and writing new project for our organization.
Our Association is located in Visoko (28 kilometers from Sarajevo). Visoko is town with 40.000 inhabitants. In our city is located only pyramids in Europe so we are, in summer, very popular destination for tourists. More information’s about our city you can find at www.visitvisoko.com.
Through our Association you will work with local young people, learn Bosnian language and be in power to transmit your knowledge and motivation to our local community. In return you will get unforgettable experience and adventure.
We are looking for EVS-volunteers:
- With self-initiative and ability to work autonomously
- Motivation to actively contribute and share your knowledge and ideas in our activities
- Creativity and interest to create your own project within our framework
- Organizational experience, for instance from engagements in a local student organization, youth associations, political or cultural organizations etc.
- Ability to work in fluently English. We provide a language course in Bosnian for your further improvement during your EVS time
- From 18 to 30 years.
The EVS- programme provides you with:
- A monthly allowance for food & pocket money and local transport;
- Accommodation was organized by organization (separated rooms, shared kitchen and bathroom);
- Bosnian language course;
- Health insurance;
- Training courses during your volunteering;
- Travels to your volunteer-placement and home after finishing your EVS.
Deadline for applicants is the 15th August 2017.
Send your CV and motivation-letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with specific subject for which group are you interested.
Please send e-mail if you need more information!
Youth Volunteers, team