TC “Gender Equality for Youth Participation” will be organized on 8th – 14th March 2012, in Durrës Albania.
You also have to keep in mind that it is important to keep the gender balance: so each of the organizations has to send 2 participants: one male and one female.
After the successful selection of the participants we will send you the Info Pack and the Agenda of the Training Course.
The AIM of this Training Course is to provide information, perspectives and resources for deepening and focusing the emphasis of youth and educational activities which address issues related to gender and their impact in youth work.
This training, through applying the non-formal education working methods, will strongly emphasis working with gender and issues of identity, power and safety in groups of young people, exploring the concept of gender equality in youth work in terms of informal practices of democracy based in a commitment to the equal treatment of individuals.
THE OBJECTIVES of the training include:
• To increase the participants’ knowledge and skills in terms of exploring key concepts like: gender, politics of gender, gender mainstreaming, ethics related issues in youth trainings and projects etc;
• To address key gender related issues concerning youth workers nowadays;
• To raise awareness about the complexity of gender equality in multicultural societies;
• To give practical tips and tools for enhancing gender equality in youth work;
• To create the network of organizations dealing with gender issues;
• To enhance intercultural dialogue and mutual understanding;
• To further explore “Youth in Action” Programme as a significant tool for promoting gender equality within youth work;
• To increase awareness of gender as a social construction in broaden European dimension.